Tuesday 1 May 2012

False Pretences

Wipe Out - What can I say my world has been turned upside down. I went to the Blue Mountains with the promise of a nice cup of tea to sooth my ailing liver. It was all lies !!!!





My old drinking buddies from the inner city and I shared a nice cup of tea. They used to take alcohol consumption to an Olympic level. My Blue Mountains friends have been in secret training getting themselves match fit. I was not prepared. 

Who Was Drinking The Sunkist ?

A great night was had by all talking about the old days. I got to know the two kids I hadn't yet met and we had an absolute blast. Once the kids were all off to bed we sat around the dining table solving the problems of the world. We should have recorded it, we could have sent it to Julia and she'd be able to get out of the strife she is in at the moment. 

Now I have used pseudonyms for the kids because quite literally their mum asked me (only half jokingly) to change their names to protect the innocent. They will have to figure what their new names mean all by themselves.

Ford, Dean, Blaxland, Clovelly, Billie & Julie
This is a seriously together household. It makes me feel a little (or lot) inadequate. The kids are well spoken, polite and well behaved. The house is perfect. The places oozes love, care and attention to detail. The antique furniture is in just the right place, the soft furnishings are tasteful and pattern matched (I can hear your gaydars going off from Goulburn) and all the colours warm and relaxing. It was an honour to be a guest in their home and I thank the whole family for making room in their busy schedule to have me. I had to leave before I felt any more unfit to be there and started heading south. I'm on my way to Canberra for the last visit with friends until I get to Queensland, sadly leaving Sydney behind. 




1 comment: