Saturday 5 May 2012

Healthy Weight Part 3

Now I have been on my diet for 4 months and I am pleased to say that I have lost 25 kilos (55 pounds). Not a bad start (I've lost half an Olsen - my new unit of measurement). So let me explain the changes I have made.



I'll deal with the tough stuff first so here's what I don't eat any more










Bread






Cookies and Biscuits
Crumbed and battered foods like schnitzels and fish
Sugar
Cakes
Chocolate
Sweets, candies and lollies
Coke, Pepsi and all of their derivatives 
Juices (with the occasional exception for tomato juice)
High carbohydrate vegetables (potato, pumpkin and corn)
High sugar fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe and grapes) 
Margarine



Here's what I do eat


Lean meat (Steak, Pork, Lamb and Chicken)







Fresh Fish (Salmon, Tuna, Swordfish, Barramundi, Bream and Flathead)


Fresh (and frozen) Vegetables (Beans, Snow Peas, Carrots, Cauliflowers, Broccoli, Squash, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Onion, Asparagus, Tomatoes and Capsicums / Peppers



Fresh Fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Kiwi Fruit, Mulberries, Avocados, Passion Fruit and Blackberries)

Frozen Berry Mixes




Fresh Nuts (Brazil, Pecan, Macadamia and Walnuts)






Eggs - fried and scrambled good, boiled or poached best
Water
Milk
Coffee
Cream (yes that's right, its great in my coffee)
Hard Cheese
Tea
Vinegar
Cold Pressed Olive Oil

Now this list isn't exhaustive or even close to complete, its just a quick snapshot of the changes I have made. No doubt there will be diet and exercise gurus that could pick this to pieces. All I can say is go your hardest. All I'm trying to do is fulfill a public service by ridding the world of an excess Olsen. How can you fault me for that?



1 comment:

  1. I could handle most of that. No bread though... no, that would just kill me.

    ReplyDelete