Thursday 3 September 2015

Last Night In Sydney

I have to apologise to the train guys. They got me here on time. After many recent dashes by car through the traffic of Sydney there is something quite gentle about ambling into town on a Countrylink train. Its almost therapeutic. 

Its hard to beleive I used to live here. I act like a tourist. I walk around gawking at the Skyscapers. Less than 500 metres from my place of rest is The Civic Hotel



It was one of the hottest spots in town. We had a fine dining restaurant, a nightclub after hours, a cocktail bar and a live music basement that we opened with Rod Stewart. The place went off. I used to run it and now it seems like another world. 

I was of two minds what to do when I got here. Do I visit old haunts and try to relive the glory days or do I suss out some new spots and see where its at? I settled on the former. I figure I have 51 days of doing new things so maybe tonight I can chill and do all the old things. So its a drink (or 2) at The Marble Bar and then dinner at The Captain Torres Spanish Restaurant. The restaurant has one of my favourite Spanish dishes - Toston Sanches Panza - (basically a hunk of marinated meat hacked from the body of a cooked suckling pig) so of course I ordered some tapas.



Oh well it's bad airline food and trying to fall asleep sitting up tomorrow. Who said life had to be boring.

1 comment:

  1. Well how was the airline food, and which airline?
    Did you get any sleep on the plane?

    ReplyDelete