Sunday 4 October 2015

It's Raining Again

I didn't make it to Washington sadly. The incessant rain was just soul destroying so I stopped in Richmond, Virginia leaving about two hours to go to get to Washington and yes its bleak and still very much raining. On the way I passed a pretty serious accident on Interstate 95. A tree had came down on top of a car, blocking all the lanes in that direction. I found out this morning that the occupant was killed. Another person was killed driving in flood waters. It seems we have fools here as well. A state of emergency has been declared in South Carolina and they expect flooding in Charleston. Maybe I should have headed inland to Atlanta after all. 


In good news, for me at least, the hurricane while still maintaining its category four status seems to have stalled over the Bahamas and it appears less likely to make landfall on the east coast. There is still a couple more days of doubt on this so say tuned. Historical Williamsburg has definitely been scrathced from the itinerary. Much and all as I love my history I don't need to experience it with 1500mm of rain. There are a few things to see and do here in Virginia but all of them require dealing with the weather. I thought I would spend the night, catch up with my laundry and grab some wet weather gear. Well no guest laundry but I am now better equipped for the weather. Excited to get to Washington, maybe I'll meet the President.


No comments:

Post a Comment