Thursday 26 April 2012

Day Three - On The Road

Well I finally get to leave Muswellbrook but not in the direction I was intending. First I had to do lunch at the Linga Longa Inn in Gundy. Well I didn't need to have another drink so I stuck to the espresso machine and the ice water dispenser. A sad indication of my encroaching middle age. 




Another sad thing is I think the car didn't like to hear that I was going to trade it. Before I even got back to Muswellbrook, an error appeared on the dash board. This light appeared with the symbols "TC". Now I don't want to run down my car, even though it was my wife's, it has served me well. But as a mechanic I make a great waiter so I had no idea what "TC" actually meant. I had visions that it might be something like "Timing Chain", something I had recently replaced at a not inconsiderable expense. So when I found it meant "Traction Control" and that it had kicked in due to my epic off road driving skill. It went away after and while, and quite frankly so did I.  

So down to the beautiful Lake Macquarie to catch up with some old family friends. I stayed overnight at Jim and Beryl's and enjoyed Beryl's truly awesome cooking. Dinner of lamb shanks plus blackberry and apple pudding (what diet?), plus more red wine. It was great to catch and swap some stories from the old days. 


Well off to Maitland next, to see the man who married me (no I can't blame him) and his wife a great musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment