Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Journey Begins

Since arriving in Muswellbrook in early 2006 I have barely left the town. I have made a few fleeting visits to Sydney, have taken some time off for the purposes of personal study and had an all too brief 4 day trip to the Barrington Tops (no I didn't catch up with Australia's most wanted criminal Naden when I was there). My life had given me other complexities and a rare opportunity during those six years. Then in early February 2012 my own world was turned inside out, it was an incredibly sad and emotional time but it was also an opportunity for some renewal. So rather than dwell on the negatives, its a case of finding the positives, and that's what this trip is all about. 


I have been fortunate to see much of this great country in the past. There are however many places I still want to go and this trip will hopefully cross a few more places from the bucket list. The first two weeks will see me catching up and reconnecting with some old friends (many of whom, I am sad to say, I have lost touch with). After that its just me, the car, the open road and this blog. I can go anywhere my heart (and bank account lets me). 

Here are a few of the places I want to get to see and things I want to do.  

Drive The Great Ocean Road

The Great Ocean Road

The Apostles

Put The Car on The Ferry and Drive Around Tasmania

The Spirit of Tasmania

Go to Ayers Rock 

Ayers Rock - Uluru

Ayers Rock - Uluru

And To the Olgas


The Olgas

The Olgas


Plus Hit Darwin and Kakadu National Park

Darwin

One of the Natives

Kakadu National Park

Plus plenty of other places I hope to find along the way. Wish Me Luck.






No comments:

Post a Comment