Wednesday 25 April 2012

Healthy Weight Part 1


In late 2011 my weight had reached a staggering 148 kilos (326 pounds). Now even for me that is humongous. I was so fat I was taller lying down than I was standing up. I decided it was time to act. So being the nerd that I am scoured the internet for websites that may be of use. I read articles, web pages and blogs and I soon discovered that the health, fitness and diet industry had a language all of its own. I needed to crack the code. So I started with some diet books that I heard about in the media including the ones by Pritikin, Atkins and that one that Kate Middleton used before she married Prince William by Dukan. Now all of these had some good information but they had their detractors as well.




So I kept reading; next was a book on the palaeolithic diet (or caveman diet as its sometimes called), then I read two life changing books. The first was about wheat by Dr William Davis called "Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health".



The second was about sugar by David Gillespie called "Sweet Poison: Why Sugar Makes Us Fat"


I felt like the late, great John Belushi in the Blues Brothers (and probably looked a bit like him too) after hearing James Brown preach and sing at the Triple Rock Church. "Yes..... Yes...... Jesus H Tap Dancing Christ...... I have seen the light" (with apologies to Dan Aykroyd and John Landis).




I now had enough information to formulate a plan. It was time to get off my lazy arse and do something about it. It was time to lose some weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment