Saturday 28 April 2012

Day 5 & 6

I find myself in "The Shire" visiting an old friend of my mothers who has lived here her entire life. She and I lost touch for a number of years and it was only as I was planning my mother's 90th birthday party that we began to reconnect.

She (and her black labrador Ebony) have had a house full of guests and has kindly found room for me amongst her busy schedule.



It was great to catch up and drink more red wine (who could have believed it?), we talked about the old days, and on the second night when her Kiwi cousins flew into town, we had a most enjoyable night of trans Tasman rivalry (the Aussies won of course). 


So after some indifferent tech support on her electronic equipment, its time I left her home so the next batch of free loaders can invade from across the seas.



No comments:

Post a Comment