Sunday 29 April 2012

Mobicity - My Big Mistake

Before I set out on this trip I tried to upgrade some tech. I bought a new laptop, webcam and wireless headset. I also wanted to buy a GPS and a new camera. I found a new phone that had GPS and an 8mp camera along with a host of other features that I wanted but I discovered even when you pay in advance and deal with what up until then I assumed was a reputable company things don't always go right. Let me tell you a little about the phone transaction.



HTC One X

Now I paid for this phone through my paypal account 10 days before I left on this trip. I gave a company called mobicity my hard earned money. They assured me it would be delivered before I left, what a joke. These guys are cowboys. I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss on a cold winters morning. Oh did I mention?  It didn't arrive. 

Now I tracked it on line with their tracking system. It showed it was going to be delivered the day after I left. I thought typical but made arrangements for it to be forwarded on to me at an address I knew I would be at in 10 days time. Did I mention? It didn't get delivered. 

Now the first courier company UPS took down their expected delivery date and posted no further information. They handed it off to Australian Air Express whose tracking information showed that they tried to deliver it but that it was an "invalid address". Let me tell you about the address. I had it sent to my work, a large registered club that has been at the same address since 1960. The Club itself has staff on duty from 5.00am in the morning and at the earliest still has staff there at 10.00pm. The only day it closes is Christmas Day. During business hours it has a full time receptionist. But apparently it is invalid. 

So I sent an email to mobicity, the zendesk dealt with it. Well the zen desk needs to cut down on the green stuff because they clearly have poor cognitive abilities. They were the ones who sent me the tracking information for the second courier. Now that information clearly stated that they were unable to deliver the package and that they were returning it to the sender (being mobicity). The zen desk then stated that I should contact the courier, even though mobicity were clearly going to be the parcels recipient. I can only assume I would while away the phone call discussing the finer points of cartography. The zen desk then listed my issues as having been solved. How can it be solved they have my money and they have my phone? I mean when you get an email so stupendously ignorant I get worried for the human race, I start to think Darwin may have been wrong. these people could breed !! 

So I have sent the Einstein's at mobicity an email asking for my money back. Guess what, communication seems now to have dried up so next stop will be paypal. If I don't get any help there then I suppose it will be the NSW Department of Fair Trading. But I will make a point of running down mobicity every time I have the opportunity. I may as well get some value for my money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment